JANITORIAL / MAINTENANCE STAFF
Tsawout First Nation is creating an on-call list for janitorial and maintenance staff, so we can utilize these positions where and as needed. Depending on coverage required, tasks/duties, hours of work and length of coverage will vary. However, a short-term contract is possible for the right candidate.
- Janitorial duties to cover different areas of our Administration Building
- Areas include admin. and health offices, classrooms and daycare areas, gymnasium, kitchen and meeting rooms, as well as lease areas.
- Empty garbage and compost, sweep and mop floors in reception, hallways and common areas, and vacuum offices.
- Clean and mop washrooms and replenish supplies.
- Light indoor maintenance duties.
- Outdoor maintenance, including building exterior and/or provide assistance to public works staff.
- Move office desks and/or furniture. • Assist with janitorial duties as required.
- Previous experience preferred, but willing to learn.
- WHIMS and first aide certificates preferred, or willingness to obtain certificates if/when training is available.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies is an asset.
- Ability to work day or evening shifts, and available to be on-call.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must be respectful and have a positive attitude.
- Ability to take direction and handle all situations in a professional manner.